This Instagram automation lets you export all the latest posts on Instagram that match any hashtag you’re interested in. This list of posts is available as a spreadsheet and can be used as a first step to more TexAu Instagram automations.
Extract Instagram hashtagged posts to grow your audience
Exporting Instagram posts related to a specific hashtag helps you build a list of highly targeted content. You can use it in many ways:
- Get noticed by like-minded people. Let’s say you’re into
#NYCrunning. By automatically-liking everyone using this hashtag, you’ll get noticed by a very specific type of people. They’ll visit your profile and perhaps follow it!
- Get new followers. The classic auto-follow technic still works in 2022. Automatically follow the people that are posting Instagram pics with your hashtag, and get them to follow you back.
These are the main purposes of this automation, but you can go much further than that! TexAu lets you plug any automation you like to another, and build your own Instagram growth strategy safely and easily.
Pro-tip: Always prefer a very small hashtag to a big one.
#running is too wide and won’t get you noticed. Instead, use a long-tail hashtag closer to your audience, like
How to extract Instagram posts related to a hashtag with TexAu?
Exporting the posts mentioning a specific Instagram hashtag is easy with TexAu:
- Create a TexAu account here. It’s free for 14 days!
- Specify the hashtag that you’re interested in.
- Click launch, wait a couple of minutes, download your results.
If you need more details, keep reading!
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Session ID: This represents the Instagram profile with which you’ll perform this automation.
- Hashtag Specify here the hashtag that you want to extract Instagram posts for. If you have more than one hashtag, upload the CSV or link a Google Sheet (see FAQ below).
- Post Time: If needed, restrict posts to a specific date range.
- Max count: Specify how many posts you want to scrape (default. 20).
- Upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export posts from multiple profiles (and therefore, multiple URLs), upload here a .CSV file with posts’ URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, check out the FAQ below!
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Instagram profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Instagram.
- Create your Instagram Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!