Use this Instagram automation to extract all the Instagram Stories currently shown by an Instagram account. Simply specify an Instagram account, and it will export to a spreadsheet all the available data: URL, publication date, duration, and some more.
How to use the Instagram Story Extractor?
Extracting Instagram Stories allows marketers to track over the usage of Instagram stories of multiple at once; This is useful to track moment of publication, frequency, average duration, URLs mentioned in stories, etc.
It can also be used as a trigger to other automations, for instance send a DM, or auto-liking a post.
How to extract the stories of an Instagram profiles?
Scrapping Instagram users’ stories is easy with TexAu:
- Create a TexAu account here. It’s free for 14 days!
- Specify the URLs of the posts you want to study.
- Click launch, wait a couple of minutes, download your results.
If you need more details, keep reading!
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Session ID: This represents the Instagram profile with which you’ll perform this automation.
- Profile URL: Specify here the URL of the Instagram profile that you want to extract posts from. If you have more than one profile, upload the CSV or link a Google Sheet (see FAQ below).
- Upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export posts from multiple profiles (and therefore, multiple URLs), upload here a .CSV file with posts’ URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Instagram profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Instagram.
- Create your Instagram Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!