This Twitter automations exports a list of all the following (the people someone follows) to a .CSV spreadsheet.
How to use a Twitter Following list export
The Twitter following list is used mostly by marketers to find potential customers and audience, but not only that:
- Look for common centers of interests. Learn who influences your audience if you want to talk to them properly: Select 10 or 20 of your best customers, extract their followings, and look for commonalities. Now you know who you should build partnerships with.
- Put yourself in someone’s shoes. Wanna know what someone’s feed look like? Extract their following, and follow them all (or add them to a list).
- Make a backup of your following. If for some reason, you need to mass unfollow your current following, keep a backup, and follow them back later on.
We also have the occasional use-cases from data-scientists and journalists. How do you use that data?
How to export someone’s Twitter following list with TexAu?
It’s easy to export one’s Twitter following list with TexAu:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- List the profile URLs of the profiles you want to export the following of.
- Run the automation right away (and schedule it to repeat).
The list will be delivered as a .CSV spreadsheet as soon as the automation completed its extraction.
- Auth_token: This field represents the Twitter profile you want to perform the export with.
- Profile URL: Enter the URL of the Twitter profile that you want to export the following of. If you want to export multiple Twitter profiles’ followings, use a .CSV or Google Sheet (as shown below).
- Number of following: Optional. Limit the number of accounts to export to a maximum number.
- Upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export multiple profiles’ followings, upload here a .CSV filled with all their Twitter URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public, see FAQ below).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, we recommend reading the FAQ.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Twitter profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Twitter.
- Create your Twitter Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!