Extract upvoters from ProductHunt
Extract upvoters in product hunt to find leads for your product. Product Hunt is an amazing place to find leads for a SaaS product. If you’re a product owner, you can amazing people showing their interest in a SaaS product based on their upvotes.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- With the list of people who have upvoted a product on ProductHunt, you can tap into a list of people who’ve shown interest in products similar to your business or simply provide services related to those products.
How to extract upvoters from producthunt?
Product URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of Product URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to extract the upvoter’s details.
Here are the steps to use this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- If you have a list of Product URLs you want to extract details of upvoters, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below
- Click on “Extract upvoters” to run the automation immediately or click on “Schedule this spice” to run the automation only when required
Limitations & important points to note
- You can scrape the details of the first 18 upvoters. Therefore, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Product URLs you want to scrape the details of upvoters.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Product URL: Enter the Product URL in this field. If you have a list of Product URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 2
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Extract Upvoters: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to scrape upvoters from ProductHunt?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account & follow the steps mentioned below
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple product URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Product URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Upvoters button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Product URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Upvoters button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract upvoters from ProductHunt.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂