Scrape ProductHunt profiles
Extract details of a profile from the product hunt to find leads for your product. ProductHunt is a marketplace of SaaS products. This can be a great place to find leads for your marketing agency or pretty much any discipline. You can use the scraped details for offering graphic designing services, financial advisory services, or anything you do for a living.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- With this automation, you can do several things. You get the website URL provided by the author, which can be helpful for getting in touch with them. Furthermore, you can even use the Twitter profile URL (if provided by the author) to directly follow or DM them on Twitter. Use relevant twitter automation to create workflows of that sort.
How to extract details of profiles from ProductHunt?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to extract profile details.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to extract the details of, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below
- Click on “Scrape Product Hunt Profile” to run the automation immediately or run the automation only when required by clicking on “Schedule this spice”
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Profile URLs you want to scrape the profile details.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 2
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Scrape Product Hunt profile: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to scrape ProductHunt profiles?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account & follow the steps mentioned below
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Product Hunt profile button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Scrape Product Hunt profile button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape ProductHunt profiles.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂