Scrape a Pinterest Profile
This automation will help you extract the valuable details of a Pinterest profile that can be used for marketing campaigns. We have created this automation to help you find leads in terms of a business needing help with marketing or a channel for marketing your product or services. Pinterest being a search engine for mostly non-branded searches can be a great place for promoting what you do without worrying about who you are. If you’re looking for inspiration or if you’re looking for leads, this spice can find you both & more.
Here are the applications/usecases for using this automation:
- Use this automation to either get content ideas or see if the profile is the right fit for the promotion of your products/service based on the information this automation scrapes from the Pinterest profiles.
- If you’re into the content curation business (which is a serious business idea right now), this will give you a ton of content ideas to curate for your social pages.
How to scrape pins from a Pinterest profile?
You have to enter the URL of profiles that you’re interested in or those of your potential leads. You can find profiles of a particular niche and scrape their details to find leads for your services. For instance, you can find profiles of fitness experts, scrape the details from their profiles, find their websites, and pitch them social media marketing or content writing services.
Here are the steps to run this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the URL of the profile you want to extract. If you have multiple profiles to scrape, you can upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet containing the profile URLs.
- Click on “Scrape profile” to run the automation immediately but if you want to scrape profiles occasionally as and when required, you can click on “Schedule this spice” & set the timings.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can scrape 40 Pinterest profile per day. Furthermore, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to scrape pinterest profiles
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Pinterest session cookie: Pinterest uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the URL of the profile you want to scrape. If you have multiple profiles to scrape, you can leave this field blank and upload a CSV or link a Google sheet in step 3.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet containing the list of Pinterest profiles. There are some extra steps here & we will cover in next section.
- Scrape Profiles: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape profiles from specified profiles.
How to scrape Pinterest profiles using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Pinterest Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Pinterest to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Pinterest session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Pinterest session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profiles to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Pinterest profile URL. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Profiles button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple profiles to scrape, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Scrape Profiles you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape Pinterest profiles.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂